City Prepares Five Parks for Eclipse Viewers
The City of Columbia has designated five parks as public viewing sites for the Total Solar Eclipse on Monday
COLUMBIA, S.C. (WOLO) – The City of Columbia has designated five parks as public viewing sites for the Total Solar Eclipse on Monday.
The Columbia Parks & Recreation Department said guests are encouraged to visit these locations:
- Drew Park (beside the Charles R. Drew Wellness Center), 2101 Walker Solomon Way
- Finlay Park, 930 Laurel St.
- Owens Field Park, 1351 Jim Hamilton Blvd.
- Riverfront Park, 312 Laurel St. (The north end is also available for viewing at 4122 River Drive)
- Southeast Park, 951 Hazelwood Rd.
Parks and rec said solar eclipse glasses will be available for guests while supplies last. Restrooms, portable toilets, hand washing stations and water stations will be available on site. Guests are encouraged to bring water bottles and fill them at the water stations.
For more information, call the Parks & Recreation Department at 803-545-3100.