Palmetto Health offers free flu shots throughout fall
COLUMBIA, S.C. (WOLO) – Midlands hospital system, Palmetto Health, said Wednesday that it plans to offer free flu shots at clinics throughout the fall.
The walk-up clinics will be held at churches in Richland, Lexington and Sumter Counties beginning on Saturday, October 7. Registered nurses from Palmetto Health will give the flu shot to anyone six months and older. Proof of insurance is not required to get a shot. There will also be refreshments, games, prizes and health information.
Palmetto Health said Influenza, commonly known as the flu, can be contracted by healthy people, and patients with chronic diseases, like asthma or diabetes, are even more at risk.
Flu vaccines will be offered on several Saturdays through December at the following locations:
- Saturday, October 7, 9 a.m. – noon
- St. John’s Baptist Church, 3404 W. Beltline Blvd., Columbia
- Saturday, October 14, 9 a.m. – noon
- Grace Christian Church, 5010 Monticello Rd., Columbia
- Saturday, October 21, 9 a.m. – noon
- Second Nazareth Baptist Church, 2300 Elmwood Ave., Columbia
- Saturday, October 28, 9 a.m. – noon
- Columbia Church of Christ, 1049 Harbor Dr., West Columbia
- Saturday, November 4, 9 a.m. – noon
- Bibleway Church of Atlas Rd., 2440 Atlas Rd., Columbia
- Saturday, November 11, 9 a.m. – noon
- Jehovah Missionary Baptist, 805 S. Harvin St., Sumter
- Saturday, December 2, 9 a.m. – noon
- The Brook, 8328 Parklane Rd., Columbia