Sunday, August 2, 2015
Sessions for Success: Eating for a Healthy Life
Date(s) & Time(s)::
June 5, 2014 at 5:30 PM until 6:30 PM
Location: 155 Haynsworth St. Sumter, SC 29150
Sumter County is On The Move! Are YOU?Return to event list.
Form a group and sign up TODAY for Sumter County On The Move! (SCOTM!), a FREE self-paced walking program open to adults who live, work or spend time in Sumter County! Community members are encouraged to come out and join with others who are taking steps to create healthier, more active life styles by:
• Attending free workshops on healthy eating & physical activity
• Joining the SCOTM! online community to share healthy ideas & tips
• Meeting up for monthly community walks
SCOTM! is suitable for most everyone. Work-site, faith-based and other large community groups are encouraged to join. SCOTM! members will learn how to safely start a walking group, stay active and eat healthier over time. Members have the opportunity to:
• Receive a free SCOTM! step counter & walking handbook
• Learn how to set goals & track your progress
• Discover safe, walk-friendly places & parks
Sessions for Success will held at the Sumter County Recreation and Parks Department, 155 Haynsworth St, Sumter, SC 29150 from 5:30 -6:30 PM.
• Thursday, April 10th - Eating for a Healthy Life
• Tuesday, April 22nd - When It’s Too Hot to Trot
• Thursday, May 8th -Maintaining Success
• Tuesday, May 20th - Mission Possible – Building Confidence
• Thursday, June 5th - Eating for a Healthy Life
For more information or to sign up, visit: www.sumtercountymoves.org or call (803) 774-3860. SCOTM! is a partnership between Sumter County Active Lifestyles (SCAL) and the USC Prevention Research Center (Columbia), working together to make Sumter County a great place to be physically active!
Wind: 6 MPH
Humidity: 65 %