Fire Reported at Columbia Fire Station

Tools

By Crandall Sims

COLUMBIA, S.C. (WOLO) -- All is well today at Columbia Fire Station One after a kitchen fire was reported there last night.

According to Columbia Fire spokesperson, Brick Lewis, the units of the Laurel Street station had been dispatched to separate incidents and left food cooking on the stove.

Damages, mostly water from the sprinkler system that activated, are estimated at $20,000.

Columbia Fire Chief Aubrey Jenkins says this is an example of how cooking fires can happen anywhere, to anyone. He also notes you should never leave food cooking unattended.

Add a comment

Name:

Comment: 1000 Characters Left

ABC Columbia and its affiliated companies are not responsible for the content of comments posted or for anything arising out of use of the above comments or other interaction among the users. We reserve the right to screen, refuse to post, remove or edit user-generated content at any time and for any or no reason in our absolute and sole discretion without prior notice, although we have no duty to do so or to monitor any Public Forum.

Columbia
Current: 97°
Partly Cloudy
High: 97°
Low: 73°
Wind: 8 MPH
Pressure: 30.01
Humidity: 34 %

What's on WOLOTV Full Schedule