Officials: Candle Starts Home Fire


By News Department

COLUMBIA, S.C. (WOLO) - We now know the cause of a fire in Columbia that left a family of five homeless.

The Richland County Fire Marshal's Office says an unsecured candle ignited nearby furniture.

Crews responded to the residence on Bermuda Hills Road Wednesday.

No one was injured in the incident.

It caused about $320,000 in damage.
Current: 56°
High: 56°
Low: 52°
Wind: 7 MPH
Pressure: 30.06
Humidity: 84 %

What's on WOLOTV Full Schedule