Couple Killed by Carbon Monoxide


By Rochelle Dean


A North Carolina medical examiner says toxicology reports completed June 1st show levels of carbon monoxide in the blood stream of a visiting couple may have led to their death.

72 year old Shirley Mae Jenkins was found dead along with her husband in room 225 of the the Best Western Plus Blue Ridge Plaza.
It's the same room authorities say an 11 year old boy was found dead a week before.

Officials say the medical examiner, Dr. Brent Hall failed to report those results to local health officials. A week later, officials say Jeffrey Williams of Rock Hill died in the same room.

Dr. Hall has since resigned his position as Medical Examiner.

Investigators have determined an improperly ventilated pool heater located in the floor underneath the room was where the gas came from.

(source: Associated Press)

Add a comment


Comment: 1000 Characters Left

ABC Columbia and its affiliated companies are not responsible for the content of comments posted or for anything arising out of use of the above comments or other interaction among the users. We reserve the right to screen, refuse to post, remove or edit user-generated content at any time and for any or no reason in our absolute and sole discretion without prior notice, although we have no duty to do so or to monitor any Public Forum.

Most Popular

Current: 75°
Partly Cloudy
High: 75°
Low: 70°
Wind: 6 MPH
Pressure: 29.98
Humidity: 66 %

What's on WOLOTV Full Schedule