2 Kids Saved from Burning Columbia Home

Tools

By News Department

COLUMBIA, S.C. (WOLO) - We now know the cause of a Midlands house fire that ultimately led to the rescue of two children.

A Columbia Fire Department spokesperson says it was cooking-related and caused about $20,000 in damage.

While en route to the blaze on Deer Pass Lane Tuesday afternoon, crews discovered two kids were trapped on the second floor.

Firefighters were able to pull them to safety.

Their mother and two other children were able to make it out okay.

Add a comment

Name:

Comment: 1000 Characters Left

ABC Columbia and its affiliated companies are not responsible for the content of comments posted or for anything arising out of use of the above comments or other interaction among the users. We reserve the right to screen, refuse to post, remove or edit user-generated content at any time and for any or no reason in our absolute and sole discretion without prior notice, although we have no duty to do so or to monitor any Public Forum.

Most Popular

Columbia
Current: 89°
Partly Cloudy
High: 89°
Low: 61°
Wind: 10 MPH
Pressure: 29.85
Humidity: 39 %

What's on WOLOTV Full Schedule