Cigarette Cause of Apartment Fire
COLUMBIA, S.C. (WOLO) - A fire at a Columbia apartment complex that left four people without homes, according to the Columbia Fire Department, was caused by a discarded cigarette.
A fire spokesperson says the improper discarding of smoking materials caused the blaze at the Byron Road Apartments, Monday.
One apartment was completely destroyed, while three others were damaged. Damage from the blaze is estimated at more than $27,000.
The American Red Cross is assisting the victims.
Wind: 3 MPH
Humidity: 53 %