Driver Suspension Eligibility Week
COLUMBIA, S.C. (WOLO) -- The South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles announced the upcoming Driver Suspension Eligibility Week for drivers.
Driver Suspension Eligibility Week will be held March 10-14, 2014 in all DMV offices across the state.
During Driver Suspension Eligibility Week, South Carolina drivers who have lost their driving privileges for suspensions included in the program may be able to reduce or clear the remaining time of their suspension. The program will assist the following types of suspended drivers:
· Underage drivers suspended for excessive points.
· Those suspended for operating an unlicensed taxi or vehicle.
· Drivers suspended for operating an uninsured vehicle that they did not own.
· Those suspended for operating or allowing operation of an uninsured vehicle.
· Drivers suspended for driving under suspension, excluding alcohol or drug related convictions.
To qualify for the program, drivers must meet all of the conditions of their suspensions. All fees must be paid and SR-22 must be filed, if required. If a driver has more than one suspension, DMV will recalculate the suspension time. Drivers with suspensions not covered by the program will still need to serve that suspension.
Drivers who have a clear record may apply for a driver’s license. Depending on the type of suspension, they may be required to take the vision, knowledge and road skills tests before getting a new driver’s license.
For more information, visit the SCDMV Website at www.scdmvonline.com.
Wind: 8 MPH
Humidity: 49 %