Officials: Candle Starts Home Fire


By News Department

COLUMBIA, S.C. (WOLO) - We now know the cause of a fire in Columbia that left a family of five homeless.

The Richland County Fire Marshal's Office says an unsecured candle ignited nearby furniture.

Crews responded to the residence on Bermuda Hills Road Wednesday.

No one was injured in the incident.

It caused about $320,000 in damage.

Add a comment


Comment: 1000 Characters Left

ABC Columbia and its affiliated companies are not responsible for the content of comments posted or for anything arising out of use of the above comments or other interaction among the users. We reserve the right to screen, refuse to post, remove or edit user-generated content at any time and for any or no reason in our absolute and sole discretion without prior notice, although we have no duty to do so or to monitor any Public Forum.

Most Popular

Current: 74°
High: 75°
Low: 74°
Wind: 0 MPH
Pressure: 30.09
Humidity: 87 %

What's on WOLOTV Full Schedule