Columbia Home Fire started in Gas Furnace

Tools

By News Department

COLUMBIA, S.C. (WOLO) -- A Friday afternoon fire has caused $70,000 wroth of damages in a Columbia home.

A Columbia Fire spokesperson says the fire at a home on the 1700 block of Cermack Street was caused by a gas furnace.

Officials say most of the damage was contained inside the house.

There are no reports of any injuries.

Add a comment

Name:

Comment: 1000 Characters Left

ABC Columbia and its affiliated companies are not responsible for the content of comments posted or for anything arising out of use of the above comments or other interaction among the users. We reserve the right to screen, refuse to post, remove or edit user-generated content at any time and for any or no reason in our absolute and sole discretion without prior notice, although we have no duty to do so or to monitor any Public Forum.

Most Popular

Columbia
Current: 69°
Clear
High: 69°
Low: 45°
Wind: 9 MPH
Pressure: 30.01
Humidity: 32 %

What's on WOLOTV Full Schedule