Preservation Awards Help Keep SC History Alive
COLUMBIA, S.C. (WOLO) - It's an attempt to keep a part of South Carolina history alive.
Today, Governor Nikki Haley presented nine Preservation Awards in the lower lobby of the State House.
They recognize exceptional accomplishments in the preservation, rehabilitation and interpretation of state architectural and cultural heritage.
Here's a complete list of the award winners:
The Governor’s Award
· Michael A. Allen (Mount Pleasant, S.C.)
Elected Official Award
· William Barnet III (Spartanburg, S.C.)
Preservation Service Awards
· The Horry County Board of Architectural Review (Horry County, S.C.)
· Historic Columbia Foundation (Columbia, S.C.)
Historic Preservation Honor Awards
· Little Mountain Elementary School and McMillan Pazdan Smith Architecture, LLC (School District of Little Mountain, Newberry County, S.C.)
· Key Architecture, Inc. and Pearce Land Company in partnership with Irby Street Development (Old Florence Library, Florence County, S.C.)
· Watson Tate Savory, Inc. and South Carolina State University (Lowman Hall, South Carolina State, Orangeburg, S.C.)
· PMC Property Group and Garvin Design Group (Olympia Mills, Columbia, S.C.)
· Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice, LLP, Celtic Works, Inc. and L. Edgard and Lee Lorick Prina (Preston C. Lorick House, Columbia, S.C.)
Wind: 5 MPH
Humidity: 69 %