Sunday, May 24, 2015
Clemson ACC Home Opener Tonight vs. FSU
CLEMSON, S.C. (CU SID) -- Clemson (10-3, 1-0 ACC) welcomes Florida St. (9-4, 0-1 ACC) to Littlejohn Coliseum Thursday night for its ACC home opener. Tipoff is set for 7:05 p.m.
Radio: CTSN (Pete Yanity-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: RSN (Wes Durham-pbp; Cory Alexander-color)
• Clemson opened ACC play at Boston College with a 62-60 win, its first on the road to open league play since 2008-09.
• The Tigers meet the Seminoles in their home ACC opener Thursday; it is the third straight season the two have met for Clemson’s first conference game at Littlejohn Coliseum.
• Both teams have played UMass; the Tigers lost 62-56 and the Seminoles handed the Minutemen their only loss this season, 60-55.
CU Series W-L record:
Florida State leads 34-28
Florida State has won the last four meetings
• Clemson held Boston College to 17 points in the first half, the fewest the Tigers allowed in a half to an ACC team since Georgia Tech (15) last season in Atlanta.
• Clemson and Florida State met three times last season and the Seminoles won all three games; all three were decided by five points or less.
• Brad Brownell’s first win over a ranked team as Clemson’s coach came in 2010-11 against No. 22 Florida State; his Tigers defeated the Seminoles 62-44 at Littlejohn Coliseum that season.
• Thursday’s contest pits the top two shot-blocking teams in the ACC against one another; both have 88 blocks in 13 games so far this season, while Clemson is first (.351) and FSU second (.369) in field goal percentage defense.
• Rod Hall needs just four assists Thursday to reach 200 for his career. He would be the 29th player in Clemson history with at least 200 assists.
• Hall has compiled 25 assists against just three turnovers at home.
• K.J. McDaniels has a higher scoring average against Florida State (12.4 ppg) than he does against any other ACC opponent.
• All youth tickets (12 and under) will be $10.
• The first 1,000 students through the door will receive a free hot dog and drink.
Wind: 0 MPH
Humidity: 87 %