CLEMSON, S.C. (CU SID) -- The Clemson basktball team will travel to play North Carolina on Sunday. The Tigers have never won in Chapel Hill.
CLEMSON (13-5, 4-2 ACC) vs. NORTH CAROLINA (11-7, 1-4 ACC)
Tipoff: 6:02 p.m.
Arena: Dean E. Smith Center (21,750)
Radio: CTSN (Pete Yanity-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: ESPNU (Carter Blackburn-pbp; Jay Williams-color; Allison Williams-reporter)
- Clemson is coming off its worst defeat of the season, a 76-43 loss at No. 19 Pittsburgh, while North Carolina was defeated 76-61 in its most recent game at Virginia.
- A win would give Clemson victories over Duke and North Carolina in the same season for the first time since 1995-96.
- The Tiger program has never won in Chapel Hill in 56 tries.
CU Series W-L record: North Carolina leads 127-20
Streak: North Carolina has won the last five meetings
- Clemson's last win over North Carolina came in 2009-10 when Trevor Booker and Demontez Stitt both had over 20 points in an 83-64 victory over the 12th-ranked Tar Heels in Littlejohn Coliseum.
- The Tigers' last win over the Tar Heels in the state of North Carolina was in the 1996 ACC Tournament after Greg Buckner's dunk lifted Clemson to victory.
- The Tigers are in search of a third ACC road win Sunday. Only eight times in 60 previous ACC seasons has Clemson won at least three road games in conference play.
- Clemson coaches will be participating in the annual Suits and Sneakers Awareness Weekend in support of the NABC's Coaches vs. Cancer initiative.
- Clemson only has two players - Rod Hall and K.J. McDaniels - who have played at the Smith Center. The two combined for 24 minutes as freshmen in the 2011-12 meeting.
- Hall has reached 2,000 minutes played in his career. He achieved the 2K mark in Clemson's most recent game at Pittsburgh.