Tuesday, October 13, 2015
Clemson Hoops Heads To Wake Forest
CLEMSON (17-9, 8-6 ACC) vs. WAKE FOREST (14-13, 4-10 ACC)
Tipoff: 7 p.m.
Arena: Lawrence Joel Coliseum (14,665)
Radio: CTSN (Pete Yanity-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: RSN (Wes Durham-pbp; Mike Gminski-color)
• Clemson is coming off a 63-55 win over Georgia Tech, its ninth straight over the Yellow Jackets. It is the program’s second-longest winning streak over another ACC team in school history.
• Clemson looks for its ninth conference win, which would be a first since Brad Brownell’s first season at the school in 2010-11.
• Clemson is in search of its fifth ACC road win, which would tie the 1986-87 team for the most in one season in school history.
CU Series W-L record: Wake Forest leads 98-57
Streak: Clemson has won the last five meetings
• Clemson broke an 18-game losing streak in Winston-Salem in its last trip to Lawrence Joel Coliseum with a 78-58 victory over Wake Forest in 2012.
• This is the 15th time in 61 seasons Clemson has amassed at least eight ACC regular season wins. The program has had just seven nine-win seasons.
• The Tigers have overcome five halftime deficits and won this season, just one shy of the school record set by the 1989-90 team.
• Clemson had an official RPI of No. 67 Monday, an improvement of 120 spots from the final ratings of 2012-13. It is the largest jump by an ACC team.
• Head Coach Brad Brownell is the first Clemson coach in history to win at least eight ACC games in three of his first four seasons.
• K.J. McDaniels has had multiple blocked shots in eight consecutive games and is now 24th nationally at 2.85 blocks per game.
• Damarcus Harrison is coming off back to back double figure scoring efforts for the first time since the opening two games of the 2013-14 season.
• Landry Nnoko set his ACC-high with 13 points at Georgia Tech last time out.
Wind: 14 MPH
Humidity: 60 %