Wednesday, October 1, 2014
Tigers At Florida State Saturday
(CLEMSON SID) -- Clemson (13-6, 4-3 ACC) looks for revenge Saturday when it takes on Florida St. (13-7, 4-4 ACC) at 3:05 in Tallahassee on ESPN2. Earlier this season the Seminoles took out the Tigers 56-41 at Littlejohn Coliseum.
CLEMSON (13-6, 4-3 ACC) vs. FLORIDA STATE (13-7, 4-4 ACC)
Tipoff: 3:05 p.m.
Arena: Tucker Center (12,100)
Radio: CTSN (Pete Yanity-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: ESPN2 (Mark Jones-pbp; Sean Farnham-color)
• Clemson has dropped its last two games after getting off to a 4-1 start in the ACC; the Tigers lost to Florida State in an earlier meeting this season, 56-41.
• Florida State is also coming off two straight losses; the ‘Noles lost at Duke, 78-56, and at NC State, 74-70.
• In the first meeting between the two teams, the Tigers shot just 30 percent and committed a season-high 18 turnovers.
CU Series W-L record: Florida State leads 35-28
Streak: Florida State has won the last five meetings
• Florida State’s five-game winning streak matches the longest by either team in the series; the Seminoles also won five in a row from 1994-96.
• Clemson’s last win over Florida State came at Littlejohn Coliseum, a 79-59 victory to open the 2011-12 ACC regular season.
• The last Tiger win in Tallahassee came in 2009-10, when Oliver Purnell’s final team won 53-50 behind a 19-point, 11-rebound outing by Trevor Booker.
• Last season in Tallahassee, Clemson saw a double-digit lead slip away and Michael Snaer banked in a three at the buzzer to break a 57-57 tie and give FSU one of several last-second victories.
• Saturday’s matchup pits the ACC’s top two teams in terms of blocked shots per game: Clemson (6.26) is first, followed closely by Florida State (6.20).
• Junior forward K.J. McDaniels is believed to be the ONLY player in the nation leading his team in scoring, rebounding, blocks, steals and three-pointers.
• McDaniels is the only player in the ACC that ranks in the conference's top 10 in scoring, rebounding, field goal percentage, free throw percentage and blocks.
Wind: 3 MPH
Humidity: 64 %