Saturday, April 18, 2015
Tigers Go For 5 In A Row Wednesday
CLEMSON, S.C. (CU SID) -- The Tigers face High Point for the first time since 2008 on Wednesday night at Doug Kingsmore Stadium.
• Who - High Point (25-18) vs. Clemson (29-19)
• Rankings - HPU - NR; CU - No. 24 USA
• When - Wednesday (6:30 p.m.)
• Where - Clemson, S.C. (Doug Kingsmore Stadium)
• Watch - TigerCast
• Listen - TigerCast, WCCP (105.5 FM)
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - Twitter/Instagram (@ClemsonBaseball)
• Tickets - ClemsonTigers.com, 1-800-CLEMSON
• Promotion - Get a Family Four Pack of tickets (two adults, two youth) for only $20 at ClemsonTigers.com or at the gate.
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 9-0 (1976-08)
• Record at Clemson - Clemson leads 8-0 (1976-08)
• LHP Jon Carlson (HPU) vs. RHP Clate Schmidt (CU)
• Clemson defeated UNLV twice in two games from Sunday to Monday.
• The Tigers are averaging 5.9 runs per game and hitting .284 with a .359 on-base percentage and 77 stolen bases.
• The pitching staff has a 3.80 ERA, .238 opponents’ batting average and 1.97 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .964.
HIGH POINT OVERVIEW
• High Point is led by sixth-year Head Coach Craig Cozart.
• The Panthers won one of three games against Radford last weekend. They are hitting .282 and have a 3.52 ERA and .971 fielding percentage.
• Spencer Angelis is hitting a team-high .382 with 12 doubles, one triple, two homers, 32 RBIs and a .455 on-base percentage.
• Clemson is 24-5 when outhitting its opponent and 3-12 when getting outhit.
• Clemson is 19-2 when scoring six runs or more and 10-17 when scoring five runs or less.
• Tyler Krieger leads the team with a .393 batting average in non-conference games.
• Clemson has scored 43 runs in the first inning, the most by the Tigers in any inning.
• The Tigers have allowed only 18 runs in the first inning, their fewest allowed in an inning.
• Clemson’s .344 batting average in the first inning is best in an inning by 50 points (.294 in the fourth inning).
• The Tigers have a .446 on-base percentage in the first inning, best in an inning by 82 points (.364 in the eighth inning).
• Leadoff batter Tyler Slaton is hitting .421 with a .542 on-base percentage and 12 runs in the first inning.
• Clemson’s 2.62 ERA in the first inning is tied for the best with the second inning (also a 2.62 ERA).
• The Tigers’ .201 opponents’ batting average in the first inning is the best of any inning.
Wind: 0 MPH
Humidity: 90 %