Man in Wheelchair Dies in Fire

CHESTER, S.C. (AP) _ A man confined to a wheelchair has died ina fire at his South Carolina home. Multiple media outlets report that 66-year-old Edward Gibson was pronounced dead at 2:15 a.m. Friday after authorities put out the fire at his Chester home. Officials say Gibson’s home was covered in flames when firecrews arrived. Deputy Chester County Coroner Tommy Williams says Gibson died of smoke inhalation. State Law Enforcement Division agents are investigating the fire, but authorities say they think a space heater inside the home started the fire. Neighbors say Gibson had lived alone in the house for years, had lost a leg and was confined to a wheelchair.