‘Kung Fu Panda 3’ Tops the Box Office
(ABC News) — “Kung Fu Panda 3” fought its way to No. 1 at the weekend box office.
It knocked “The Revenant” out of the top spot. The Oscar-nominated drama, starring Leonardo DiCaprio, slipped to second place with $12.4 million.
The drama “The Finest Hours,” based on the true story of a 1952 Coast Guard rescue during a blizzard, opened in the fourth spot, collecting $10.3 million.
The Marlon Wayans spoof “Fifty Shades of Black” made $6.2 million and landed in ninth place.
Here are the top 10 movies from Friday through Sunday, with estimated ticket sales, according to Rentrak:
- Kung Fu Panda 3, $41 million.
- The Revenant, $12.4 million.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens, $10.8 million.
- The Finest Hours, $10.3 million.
- Ride Along 2, $8.3 million.
- The Boy, $7.9 million.
- Dirty Grandpa, $7.6 million.
- The 5th Wave, $7 million.
- Fifty Shades of Black, $6.2 million.
- 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi, $6 million.