Ohio Boy Electrocuted While Conducting YouTube Experiment


VERMILLION, OH (AP) – Authorities say a 15-year-old Ohio boy has been electrocuted while apparently attempting to conduct an experiment he saw on YouTube.

The Sandusky Register reports that Erie County sheriff’s officials say authorities were called to the boy’s home in Vermilion Township at about 6 p.m. Tuesday. Emergency crews administered treatment and took the boy to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Erie County deputies say the boy apparently was trying to perform an experiment called Jacob’s Ladder involving a high-voltage traveling arc of electricity between two points.

Authorities say he saw the experiment on YouTube and tried it in his garage while his family was at home.

The teen was a student at Vermilion High School.

Categories: National News