Prince Died From Opioid Overdose: Reports

Prince Died From Opioid Overdose ReportsPrince died from an opioid overdose, according to ABC News affiliate KSTP and The Associated Press.

Multiple sources told KSTP that Prince died from an overdose related to fentanyl and Percocetin his system.

The iconic musician was found dead in his home in Paisley Park, Minnesota, on April 21. He was 57. An autopsy was completed a day later.



Days after his death, Prince’s longtime attorney L. Londell McMillan disputed suggestions that the singer had a drug addiction.

“People use medication. The question is, are you on meds in a dangerous way?” he said, noting that Prince was a vegan.

“Everybody who knows Prince knows he wasn’t walking around drugged up,” McMillan said. “That’s foolish. No one ever saw Prince and said, ‘He looks high.’ It wasn’t what he was about.”

But there were clues that Prince may have struggled with opioid use prior to his death. The day before he died, Prince’s team contacted Dr. Howard Kornfeld, a California-based opioid-addiction specialist, according to attorney William Mauzy.

Mauzy said Kornfeld’s son Andrew was sent to meet with the singer, though when he arrived at Paisley Park, he, among others, discovered Prince unconscious in an elevator.

A search warrant connected to the death investigation showed Prince had met with another physician, Dr. Michael Todd Schulemberg, on April 7 and 20. Schulemberg was also there when the singer’s body was discovered as he was delivering the results of medical tests.

Prince’s sister Tyka Nelson said in a Facebook post that the family will hold an official memorial in August.

Categories: Entertainment News, National News