Authorities: Fatal fire may have been electrical

SANTEE, S.C. (AP) — Authorities say a fatal fire in Orangeburg County may have been started by power cords. Chief Deputy Coroner Sean Fogle tells The Times and Democrat of Orangeburg ( ) that the fire early Wednesday near Santee claimed the life of 44-year-old Trevor McCoy. Firefighting crews arrived to find the fire had engulfed the shed-type building with a dirt floor. Authorities said several electrical cords were running to the shed and may have caused the blaze. ___ Information from: The Times & Democrat,

Photo Courtesy: The Times & Democrat

Categories: Local News, News