#12 Clemson Hosts Georgia in Home Opener Sunday
Who: Clemson Tigers (1-0) vs. Georgia Bulldogs (0-0-1)
When: Sunday, Aug. 21 at 7 p.m.
Where: Historic Riggs Field, Clemson, S.C.
Rankings: Clemson – No. 10 Soccer America, No. 10 Top Drawer Soccer, No. 14 NSCAA; Georgia – NR.
Follow: @ClemsonWSoccer on Twitter and Instagram
Live Video: ACC Network Extra (http://es.pn/2bbI4ii)
Live Stats: ClemsonTigers.com (http://statb.us/b/138775)
- The first 300 fans in attendance will receive a free Clemson women’s soccer replica jersey t-shirt.
- Sunday’s match is designated as IPTAY Day at Historic Riggs Field. Everyone in attendance will have an opportunity to enter a drawing for an IPTAY prize pack.
- The Tigers opened the season with a 2-0 victory on the road at #14 Auburn on Friday, Aug. 19.
- Freshman midfielder Julie Mackin scored her first career goal in the victory at Auburn. Mackin also scored the team’s lone goal in a 1-0 exhibition win at Tennessee on Aug. 13.
- Senior midfielder Catrina Atanda also scored against Auburn. Atanda led Clemson in scoring as a junior in 2015 (five goals, three assist, 13 points) and also as a sophomore in 2014 (nine goals, two assists, 20 points).
- Junior Shannon Horgan, sophomore Sam Staab and senior Jenna Weston tallied assists in the contest at Auburn. Staab led the Tigers in assists as a freshman in 2015, with seven on the season.
- Freshman Sandy MacIver earned her first career start in goal at Auburn, recording two saves and the clean sheet, along with the win.
- Head Coach Eddie Radwanski is now in his sixth season at the helm of the Clemson program. Radwanski was named the NSCAA’s Southeast Region Coach of the Year in 2015.
- The Bulldogs opened the season with a 2-2 double-overtime draw against Oklahoma State in Athens, Ga. on Aug. 19.
- Mariel Gutierrez and Katie MacGinntie both scored in the contest for Georgia, while Louise Hogrell posted 11 saves in goal.
- Billy Lesesne is in his second season as head coach of the Georgia program.
- Clemson has a 5-2 advantage in the series against Georgia, and a 2-1 mark in matches played at Historic Riggs Field.
- The last time the two teams met, Clemson won a 1-0 decision in Athens, Ga. on Sept. 4, 2015.
- The most recent meeting between the Tigers and Bulldogs in Clemson was a 2-1 victory for Georgia on Sept. 18, 2009.