Harvest Hope kicks off ‘It’s Scary to be Hungry’ food drive
COLUMBIA, SC (WOLO)– Harvest Hope is kicking off the ‘It’s Scary to be Hungry’ food drive. During the month of October, community members are encouraged to donate non-perishable food items at any of their branches, or you can shop the Amazon Wish List here: https://amzn.to/3a7lUvA.
The food drive aims to raise awareness and collect donations to help feed children facing hunger in the Midlands.
“Our youth have big dreams, but they can’t change the world if they’re hungry,” says Erinn Rowe, Harvest Hope CEO. “They need us, and fighting hunger is not something that Harvest Hope or any food bank can do alone.”
For more information, please visit https://bit.ly/3iDih5o.
Harvest Hope says you can drop off items at the following locations:
- Harvest Hope, 2220 Shop Road, Columbia
- Mattress Firm, 368-A Harbison Blvd., Columbia
- Mattress Firm, 3300 Forest Drive, Columbia
- Mattress Firm, 8504 Two Notch Rd., Columbia
- Mattress Firm, 4732 Devine St., Columbia
- Mattress Firm, 5416-A Sunset Blvd., Lexington
- Mattress Firm, 5449-A Sunset Blvd., Lexington
- 803 Realty, 5599 Sunset Blvd., Lexington
A full list of locations can be found at www.harvesthope.org/get-involved/donate-food.