Mayor’s Walk Against Domestic Violence Rescheduled for Saturday, October 8
COLUMBIA, SC (WOLO)– Due to Hurricane Mathew the Mayor’s Walk Against Domestic Violence has now been rescheduled.
According to the City, Mayor Steve Benjamin, Councilwoman Tameika Isaac Devine, and the City of Columbia staff will host the 10th Anniversary of the Mayor’s Walk Against on Saturday, October 8, 2016 .
The new rescheduled date will be on Saturday, October 29, 2016. According to the Violence Policy Center South Carolina is ranked fifth in the nation for women killed by men. The Mayor’s Walk Against Domestic Violence brings awareness to the community and allows everyone to take action against domestic violence.
The Mayor’s Walk Against Domestic Violence will be held at
- Spirit Communications (1640 Freed Dr. Columbia, SC 29207)
- Saturday, October 29, 2016
- Open exhibits will begin at 8 a.m.
- The Purple Rally will begin at 9 a.m.
- The Walk will begin at 10 a.m.