Couple Killed by Carbon Monoxide

(WOLO) CHARLOTTE, N.C., — A North Carolina medical examiner says toxicology reports completed June 1st show levels of carbon monoxide in the blood stream of a visiting couple may have led to their death. 72 year old Shirley Mae Jenkins was found dead along with her husband in room 225 of the the Best Western Plus Blue Ridge Plaza. It’s the same room authorities say an 11 year old boy was found dead a week before. Officials say the medical examiner, Dr. Brent Hall failed to report those results to local health officials. A week later, officials say Jeffrey Williams of Rock Hill died in the same room. Dr. Hall has since resigned his position as Medical Examiner. Investigators have determined an improperly ventilated pool heater located in the floor underneath the room was where the gas came from. (source: Associated Press)

Categories: Calhoun, Local News, News