Person Hospitalized After Columbia Blaze


One person is in the hospital after a late night fire at the Marion Street High Rise Apartments at 1930 Marion Street. Fire officials say they responded to the complex for a fire alarm.

The fire was contained to one until inside the complex, but occupants on floors 1, 2, and 3 were evacuated as a safety precaution.

Authorities say cause of the fire was the result of smoking while using oxygen. One occupant was transported to a local hospital with injuries. 

(Source: Columbia Fire Department)

Categories: Local News, News