Second Suspect Arrested in String of Burglaries, Police Say
RICHLAND COUNTY, S.C. (WOLO) – A second suspect sought in a string of burglaries has been arrested officials say.
Jonathan Thompson, 35, is charged with three counts of second degree burglary, two counts of grand larceny, and one count of petty larceny.
His alleged accomplice Cedric Reddick, 23, is charged with five counts of burglary 2nd, three counts of grand larceny, and petit larceny.
Reddick was arrested on September 22.
DNA collected at the scene of one of burglaries in the 7800 block of Garners Ferry Road on May 3, helped identify Reddick in the cases.
Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott said the pair are responsible for committing multiple crimes in Richland County, Lexington County, and the City of Columbia; the Sheriff added that additional jurisdictions could be added to the list:
- May 3 at 7824 Garners Ferry Road (Thomason Wine and Liquor) – several bottles of Hennessy and Ciroc were stolen approximate value $3,370.
- August 25 at 4360 Augusta Road, 29073 (Clyde’s Spirits and Fine Wines) – three duffle bags of liquor was stolen from the business with an estimated value of $1,800.
- August 25 at 4934 Highway 321, 29053 (T and D Liquors) – the suspects stole Hennessy, Ciroc, Jose Cuervo Tequila with an estimated value of $2,433.
- September 21 at 710 University Village Drive (Blythewood Spirits) – several bottles of Hennessy, Ciroc, Patron, Don Julio, Chivas Regal, and Crown Royal were stolen approximate value $3, 500.
- September 21 at 2932 Alpine Road, 29223 (Simba Express) – three and a half cases of Hennessy were stolen with an estimated value of $1,000.
- September 21 at 1624 Broad River Road, 29210 ((The Swag Shop), the suspects ransacked the business – no listing of items taken.
- September 21 at 1301 Bush River Road, 29210 – several bottles of Hennessy was stolen from the business with an estimated value of $1,136.
Additional charges for Thompson and Reddick could be forthcoming from surrounding jurisdictions.