SC Governor McMaster: Restaurants can reopen for limited dine in May 11
COLUMBIA, SC (WOLO)– You will soon be able to dine inside some of your favorite restaurants, according to South Carolina Governor Henry McMaster.
On Friday, McMaster announced that restaurants throughout South Carolina will be allowed to reopen for limited dine-in services beginning on Monday, May 11.
The Governor’s office says based on advice and recommendations from the “Response” component of accelerateSC, which includes input from the S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control and the South Carolina Restaurant & Lodging Association (SCRLA), Governor McMaster has established guidelines for restaurants to follow if and when they choose to open for dine-in services. Those guidelines include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Only allow 50% of posted occupancy inside, as determined by fire marshals
- Tables should be spaced 6-8 feet apart
- Additional cleaning and sanitizing guidelines for equipment, tables, chairs, etc.
- Additional guidance for health checks for all employees
- Social distancing guidance for employees and customers, including recommende
For a list of the guidelines, click here https://governor.sc.gov/sites/default/files/Documents/newsroom/SC%20restaurant%20reopening%20guidelines%20Phase%20Two%205.8.20.pdf