Tasty Tuesday: Simple Shrimp and Grits
Tyler Ryan learns a simple and tasty shimp and grits recipe
COLUMBIA SC (WOLO)- Renee Ussery from Taste of Fusion joined Tyler Ryan to share a yummy recipe for shrimp and grits.
Shrimp and Grits:
- 1/4 cup Southern Recipe Original Pork Rinds, crushed.
- 1 cup Stone-ground grits
- 4 cups Water
- 4 slices Bacon
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 cups Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded.
- 1 pound medium-size Raw shrimp, peeled.
- 4 tsp. Lemon juice
- 1 cup Onions, diced.
- 1 clove Garlic, minced.
- 1/8 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- Bring water to a boil. Add salt and pepper. Add grits and cook until water is absorbed, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter and cheese.
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry. Fry the bacon in a large skillet until browned, remove and chop. In bacon grease, add shrimp.
- Cook until shrimp turns pink. Add lemon juice, chopped bacon, pork rinds, onions, and garlic, stir well. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Spoon grits into a serving bowl. Add shrimp mixture on top. Serve immediately.
You can connect with Renee HERE.