Fire Officials: Unattended Cooking Sparks Apartment fire

COLUMBIA, SC (WOLO)– An early morning apartment fire has left three people without a home. Fire officials say at approximately 5:15am Sunday morning Columbia Fire Department responded to a report of an apartment fire at Hammond Village Apartments, Building 11. There are no reports of injuries ar this time. Fire officials say damages are estimated at $55K and unattended cooking as the cause. Damages to two apartments in the four apartment building has left 3 persons displaced.

Categories: Local News, News