No one hurt after fire at Epworth Children’s Home

COLUMBIA, S.C. (WOLO) – Columbia Fire Department have released the cause of a fire at Epworth Children’s Home.

Officials say the fire happened Tuesday at the building on Milwood Avenue.

According to investigators, the flames spread through the building which stores items used for the children and other supplies.

Authorities say the cause was an electrical fire that started in an air handler above a ceiling in the building.

Columbia Councilman Will Brennan has apologized for posting comments that weekend riots were to blame for the fire at the Epworth Children’s Home.

Officials say no injuries were reported.

Categories: Local News