Several Midlands schools shifting to virtual learning Thursday, due to expected severe weather
COLUMBIA, SC (WOLO)– Several school districts in the Midlands announced that they will be conducted learning online Thursday. The move comes after reports of severe weather expected in the area.
The following districts say students will have an e-learning day on Thursday:
- Lexington School District One
- School officials will reach out to families of students with details.
- The district expects elementary school students to return to the classroom Friday, but middle and high school students will have an e-learning day Friday, as originally scheduled.
- Lexington School District Two
- Lexington School District Three
- E-lessons will be loaded onto Google Classroom before students leave school on Wednesday.
- 4K students will be given paper packets to work on.
- Students without internet can complete their work upon returning to school.
- Richland County School District One
- Richland County School District Two
- Lexington-Richland School District Five
- Students should check for assignments on SeeSaw and Google Classroom.
- Sumter School District
- Fairfield County School District
- Orangeburg County School District
- Midlands Arts Conservatory
- Claflin University
The Kershaw County School District announced that students will be dismissed early on Thursday. School officials say students in elementary school will be dismissed at 11:30 a.m., middle school students will be dismissed at 11:45 a.m. and high school students will be dismissed at noon. Morning Woolard Technology Center and adult education students will attend school as normally scheduled. The district says students in three-year-old developmentally delayed classes will not attend school Thursday. According to the district, breakfast and lunch will be served, with students in virtual learning being able to pick up meals from 12:00-1:00 p.m. Thursday or 8:00-10:00 a.m. Friday.
The Newberry County School District announced that schools and offices will be closed Thursday, with all classes and activities canceled.
Officials say activities scheduled for Thursday at these school have been cancelled as well.